Dealing with related parties of an SMSF
This webclass provides an online interactive learning experience providing you with 2.5 hours of CPD.
The nature of an SMSF means that it will be common that transactions will involve related parties. Consequently, it’s important to identify who is a related party of an SMSF and the rules governing dealing with related parties. In this workshop we will cover:
- Who is a related party of an SMSF;
- What assets are permitted to be acquired by an SMSF from a related party and the requirements that must be adhered to;
- The distinction between acquiring an asset versus a service;
- How to an SMSF can engage a related party to perform services.
The format of the webclass will be:
- Presentation on the relevant rules of the webclass topic.
- Attendees to consider the various case studies.
- A discussion of the various cases studies; the issues identified by attendees and proposed solutions.
- Time for attendees to ask questions related to the webclass topic.
A learning guide and the case studies will be provided at least 48 hours prior to the start of the web class for registrants to review and consider. Although not a requirement, reviewing these materials ahead of the session will aid understanding.