Insurance inside an SMSF
This on demand webclass allows you to learn in your own time at your own pace and provides you with 2.5 CPD hours.
A learning guide, slides, case studies and recording will be provided to assist in the on demand learning experience. There is also an assessment available that will provide you with an official CPD certificate upon successful completion.
With SMSFs commonly utilised as the owner of life and disability insurance policies, SMSF professionals are often called upon to advise on insurance matters. So, how does insurance in an SMSF work and how does it then get administered?
In this webclass we will consider the SIS and tax issues of insurance under superannuation, including:
- The types of policies that can be held in an SMSF;
- The need for SMSF trustee to consider insurance for members;
- Assessability and deductibility of different types of insurance inside an SMSF;
- The alternative approach for an SMSF to claim the cost of insurance;
- Administration and accounting considerations for insurance premiums;
- Taxation treatment of benefit payments that include insurance proceeds;
- Transfer balance cap application to insurance proceeds included in a pension.