SMSFs and GST – how does it all work?
This webclass provides an online interactive learning experience providing you with 2.5 hours of CPD.
SMSFs that are registered for GST may be able to claim some or all of the GST embedded in supplies and liable to withhold and remit GST on other supplies. With special rules that apply to financial supplies it can be a challenge to correctly apply the rules to ensure the correct amount of GST is claimed or remitted.
In this webclass we will cover:
- The application of GST to superannuation;
- When an SMSF needs to or should register for GST;
- How GST applies to asset, income and expenditure transactions;
- The options for an SMSF to claim GST credits;
- The effect of cancelling GST registration.
The format of the webclass will be:
- Presentation on the relevant rules of the webclass topic.
- Attendees to consider the various case studies.
- A discussion of the various cases studies; the issues identified by attendees and proposed solutions.
- Time for attendees to ask questions related to the webclass topic.
A learning guide and the case studies will be provided at least 48 hours prior to the start of the web class for registrants to review and consider. Although not a requirement, reviewing these materials ahead of the session will aid understanding.