Tips and traps of contributing to superannuation
This webinar will take you through what you need to know on rules relating to superannuation contributions and consider some of the common tips and traps which practitioners often value.
- Does my client need to meet the super work test?
- How does a client’s total super balance affect their ability to contribute?
- Can my client use the bring-forward rules and make up to $300,000 non-concessional contribution in one hit?
While the 1 July 2017 superannuation changes have now been in place for over 2 ½ years, rules relating to contributing to super continue to raise many questions from practitioners. Further legislative changes since 1 July 2017 require our attention in ensuring that we are aware and consider these changes when providing advice to clients.
Key learning outcomes:
- Understand the superannuation contribution rules, including when the work test applies
- Articulate the restrictions of total super balance and ability to make non-concessional contributions
- Understand rules relating to catch up concessional contributions and articulate suitability based on various scenarios
- Explain rules relating to downsizer contributions