- The rent relief measures and how they apply to property held by an SMSF;
- Whether the structure to hold property, either directly or via an interposed entity affects the relief measures;
- The relief measures available where the SMSF holds property via an LRBA;
- Satisfying the requirement to record property assets at market value in 2020 financial statements.
- What documentation should be prepared in preparation for the annual fund audit and if the ATO comes a knocking.
Meet our guest presenter
Mark Ellem - SMSF Specialist Advisor
Mark provides technical and compliance support on SMSFs to financial advisors, accountants and SMSF trustees. He regularly writes and presents on SMSF related technical and compliance matters.
An accredited SMSF Specialist Advisor with the Self-Managed Super Fund Association, he was awarded the 2018 CEO award in February 2019 for his contribution to the association and was in the inaugural group of association members to advance to the status of Fellow in February 2020. He is also a Fellow of both CPA Australia and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA), as well as being a Registered Tax Agent.
Mark has spent over 30 years in accounting practices and SMSF administration companies, including running his own accountancy practice and SMSF administration and compliance advice company for ten years.