Dealing with the death of an SMSF member
This webclass provides an online interactive learning experience providing you with 2.5 hours of CPD.
Following our popular webclass on this topic in 2021, this webclass will revisit the superannuation and tax compliance rules for an SMSF trustee where a member dies. For this webclass we will focus on:
- The effect of the death of a member on the trusteeship of the SMSF;
- Who can be paid a member’s superannuation death benefit;
- The PAYG withholding requirements applicable to a superannuation death benefit payment.
The format of the web class will be:
- Presentation on the relevant rules of the webclass topic.
- Attendees to consider the various case studies.
- A discussion of the various cases studies; the issues identified by attendees and proposed solutions.
- Time for attendees to ask questions related to the webclass topic.
A learning guide and the case studies will be provided at least 48 hours prior to the start of the web class for registrants to review and consider. Although not a requirement, reviewing these materials ahead of the session will aid understanding.